To Make a DocumentaryTo Leave a CompanyTo Do Meetings WellTo Organize a Road TripTo Shoot on SetTo Enjoy UWaterloo
Times I've Said Wow
Foraging for moments that make me feel small (in the best way)
- When my data merge in Indesign finally worked. Learning about different text encoding standards work. Having that much familiar feeling of "how does anything work at all"
- Back in school. Learning a lot of math/physics/etc things really quickly. Pleasantly surprised at how this increased load makes me perform better, not worse. Running further, being a more consistent friend, forcing time for curiosity.
- Shock at the fact that the top of my head apparently smells like dark chocolate??
- Awe at friends when reading their fellowship applications
- Learning that you can rebuild GPT with 60 lines of code
- Having a transcription script that works parsing through my hundreds of hours of documentary footage!
- Shock at the human capacity to inflict harm. Felt after learning that napalm is gelatinized petroleum so that it resists water.
- Sitting at sunset on Wreck beach
- Monads and how they have no parts, meaning that they are indivisible, but are the unit from which all material properties are derived. Similar to how any numerical value consists of summed infinitesimally small quantities.-Learning how the likelihood of winning an election is very closely correlated with gas prices.
- Learning that conflict analysis can be modelled using graphs and matrices, and that there is an institute at Waterloo that focuses on this
- Finding out that the Dirac function is just the derivative of the step function
- Learning how calculations become easier when you use Laplace to switch into frequency domain, instead of time
- Really understanding how inductors work (finally lmfao embarassing that it took this long)
- Learning about the head count of my uni, in comparison to other notable ones. Waterloo is the truly the of production for Silicon Valley
- Having AlphaTensor explained to me